COVID-19: Safety Precautions for our Patients and Staff
To our kind patients at Progressive Vision Group:
During this difficult time, we wish to make our patients aware of changes to our office, flow and scheduling in light of the recent COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic.
We have instituted multiple measures to ensure the safety of our patients, staff and Doctors. We have based these decisions upon the most up to date recommendations of the Center for Disease Control (CDC), Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) as well as the American Optometric Association and Division of Health and Human Services, and intend on following their most prudent measures for the foreseeable future.
In an effort to limit contagion:
- We have altered our scheduling templates to allow for complete disinfection procedures of all exam rooms and patient flow areas and to ensure that there is no congregating of patients.
- Social distancing will be prioritized among patients and staff.
- We ask that you please complete paperwork before coming to the office.
- Please call the office on arrival as we will direct you as to the appropriate time to enter. Patients can expect a quick COVID questionnaire and temperature measurement.
- All pens will be disinfected with Clorox wipes.
- Only the scheduled patient will be allowed into the exam room, with the exception of minors and patients needing special assistance.
- Due to national shortages of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), we ask that all patients arrive with personal protective face masks or scarves.
- We are offering curbside delivery of all optical goods and needs.
- All frames will be disinfected using a qualified hydrogen peroxide solution before being returned to the frame boards.
- Our opticians will be happy to remove and replace the frames to the boards for you.
As we return to routine eye care needs and scheduling, we wish everyone a safe and healthy year. We look forward to seeing everyone back in the office.